19.11.11

A new kind of family

I owe most of my taste in movies and music and television and style to my dad. Which sounds weird, but he is one of the coolest people I know.
When I was little we used to watch old tv shows together that were his favorites when he was a kid. Shows like The Adams Family, Green Acres, Leave it to Beaver, That girl. Some pretty awesome stuff.

My favorites were always the super 70's shows, the ones my dad watched when he was a teenager. The best of them all was The Partridge Family. It goes back to my obsession of LA in the 60's and 70's. The show was about a family who "had a dream" and "go travelin' together" as they say in their annoying but perfect theme song C'mon get Happy. were all in a band together, or in my eyes, the coolest family in the entire world.
Not only were their songs amazing, but I always loved their outfits/house/lifestyle. It was the coolest thing ever. And obviously I had a humongous crush on heart throb, David Cassidy ( feather haired, 70's cassidy ofcourse).
Look what a bad ass he is in this video, also my favorite song of theirs. I mean what other band do you know that can stop a group of angry protesters with their perfect music huh!?



But David wasn't the only one I had a crush on, I had a huge girl crush on Susan Dey. She played Laurie Partridge and I thought she was the coolest, prettiest girl ever. Which she might just be.



But I wasn't the only one who thought so. She was everywhere around the time of the show, including several catalogs and magazine ads. These are my favorites.



I've been editing a lot of my pictures with that dreamy 70's glow lately, and was reminded about how awesome and 70's and great this show was.



They even had their own collecting cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment